Components for test station

Basic Information:

Printer Model:
MCU / Printerboard:
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

Ratrig Vcore 3
Octopus pro + sht42
Not and issue, only search advise…

Hi and merry Christmas to all…

For some time now I have been thinking about making a “test station”, and I have some doubts that I consult here in case you can help me and/or advise me.

The main use I would give to is to clean the hotend and test components that I don’t know if they are poorly connected, misconfigured or just don’t work…

I have to say that in the cleaning of the hotend I do it while it is hot. That’s the main problem I want to solve right now, since I don’t know if I’m cleaning the hotend or making a show for Cirque du Soleil…

I’ve seen two possibilities, there will be more

1- This is the one I like the least, I don’t think it’s comfortable. Buy a cheap MCU, to which you can connect a PSU, install Klipper, and the components to be tested

2- This is my favorite, to use an adjustable power supply and this is where I don’t know how to do it, some device, thermostat, that can read the thermistors used in the hotend, at the moment that of a Phaetus Rapid… Or even some device that would allow me to control the temperature without Mcu? A temperature controller capable of reading the thermistors of the hotend

• What components should I look for for the second option?

Thx

Could you explain more about your motivation for doing this? I’m a bit confused because just about any 3D printer does basically what you want it to do with the exception of cleaning the hot end (which many people do by mounting the head of a wire brush off to the side of the bed surface and running the nozzle over it.

I could see what you’re looking for in terms of the other functionality it if you were running a printer farm - you need to keep everything up and running with minimal overhead costs. This means that you need to have a stock of working parts to get a printer up and running in a minimal amount of time and then test the parts you pull out to see what’s good and what needs to be replaced to minimize your repair costs.

If you have a single printer then I don’t really see the reason for doing this (other than it’s a) fun and b) will help you learn more about the different components used in 3D printers).

clear,

The main motivation is ergonomics…

For example, being able to clean the hotend without having to be connected to the MCU, or be near the bed, or having to use the laptop to heat the hotend… being able to do this more comfortably on a table…

As less important, test components, for example fans that stop spinning, or the heater that does not seem to work,… or do tests without risking the MCU due to bad contact…

But the goal is convenience, not having to depend on having the printer on to test components, or being able to test them while the printer is printing.

Of course this is NOT essential, so far I have done it with the help of the MCU

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.