Klipper config. help!

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 5 Pro
MCU / Printerboard: BTT SKR v1.4 Turbo
Host / SBC Raspberry Pi 3B
klippy.log.zip (957.6 KB)

klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

…I have recently updated Klipper from using an older version( freshly installed) and have been having trouble configuring the printer to work properly.
firstly, the parts cooling fan runs continuously as soon as the printer is switched on.
also, when the printer has reached printing temp. it errors and states ‘move out of range’?

The ‘printer.cfg’ file was used on the earlier installation without problems. I’ve had to alter certain parts of it to work on this new version but I’m getting stuck on these problems.
Any advice or help would be most appreciated. Thank you

This is a quite standard installation and I’m not aware that anything changed WRT the config for a long time that would need changing upon update. Especially not regarding limits that could provoke an MOOR error.

Maybe you should cross check against your old config.

Thank you for your reply, I’ve redone the MCU flash which has seemed to sort out the part of the problem.
The part cooling fan is still running continuously. When looking at the controller board I’ve wired the cooling fan to HE1 as fan0 is non functional, can you get klipper to use HE1 instead of fan0?
I’ve tried assigning p2.4 to the part cooling fan but I get an error saying you can’t use the same pin twice! As p2.4 is also used as the hot end cooler

You cannot use the same pin for multiple different functions.
If your fan0 is dead then you could use:
grafik

e.g.

[extruder]
heater_pin = P2.7 # <----------- HE0

and for the part fan:

[fan]
pin = P2.4 # <------------- Wire your fan to HE1

Many thanks for this suggestion. I’ll give this a go.