Driver coms error

I agree with @EddyMI3D.

Generally speaking the error describes a communication problem between the board and the drivers. Potential reasons as already stated are:

• Wrong jumper settings on the board, e.g. jumpered for SPI instead of UART ā†’ Seems not applicable to this board
  • Wrong pin settings for the stepper related pins (I assume you triple checked)
  • Dead driver modules: It can happen that one dead module kills the entire bus communication
  • Drivers with incompatible pins: Some driver modules have a strange pin layout and do not function properly in every board - Very hard to diagnose and Iā€™m not aware of any real pattern. Compare schematics of the board and the driver is the only true possibility here (very tedious process)
  • There are reports that wrong MCU clock settings can also cause this, so triple check your make menuconfig settings against the requirements of this board and maybe reflash just to be on the safe side.

Personally, I do not think that this is an EMI issue. For sure the advice from @hcet14 to bundle cables is an ill advice, since it would make any EMI effects worse.

If anything, then make sure that power lines, e.g. heater, stepper etc, are as separated to data lines as possible

2 Likes