Ender 3 pro lcd Text lines jumbled

I am trying to use my stock ender 3 pro lcd on my new klipper install with a skr 1.4 and the text lines will not display correctly.
I have a reprap full graphics sc as well and just shows blue screen when i try to use it after chainging the config.
I have the pins config.
the ender 3 lcd works but cant read the display, the lines overlap,

Hello @darkuncle33 !

Have you chosen the correct LCD from this list:

Yes.For both lcds. One at a time of course. I have the correct pins for my board as well. don’t know what is wrong. should it work with btt 3.5 in marlin mode as well? I tried that with the rr full graphics sc config and it didn’t display anything either.

Can you make photos of the issuing LCDs and post them here as long with the exact lcd_type you took?

will do. at work now will be later today.

1 Like

I had the exact same issue on a stock ender 3 pro.

My ender 3 pro is from 2022, so I used this config file, as-is, no changes.

My board also has a GD32F103 chip, so I selected Disable SWD at startup in the make menuconfig.

My printer works, but the screen is mangled. Pretty much exactly like it appears in this issue:

I took the 2 modified files from that issue, reflashed, and the screen now looks OK!

So:

1. It seems that at least some ender 3 pros require this fix. Presumably they have a different screen?
  2. Shouldn’t this fix be merged to mainline, rather than live as 2 loose files in some guy’s github repo? Why was the issue closed?

I’m just getting started with klipper, and am a little confused as to why it’s not possible for us users to open github issues directly. I would have opened a new one directly, but am posting here due to lack of permissions to do so.