Ender 6 with BIGTREETECH SKR MINI E3 V3.0

Does anyone have a config file for an Ender 6 with an SKR V3 using the stock display?

Thank you!

Hello @rtremmel !

You may find one here:

I checked. There is a printer-creality-ender6-2020.cfg and a generic-bigtreetech-skr-mini-e3-v3.0.cfg. I am merging them. But I was hoping to find someone who already had it working. This is my first Kilpper install. I have been using Marlin for the past 5 years.

Don’t worry, It’s not that difficult.
I created a config for a T-Rex 3 from scratch. And it works fine.

Hi. @EddyMI3D : have you been able to complete the Ender 6 + SKR mini e3 V3 ?

I have been trying to get it to work, but having issues with the Y Axis. At this this stage, i’m not sure if this is an config issue, or wiring issue.

If you have it working, can you please share ?

Regards,
Tiago

Hello @tmarto !

I don’t have a Ender 6 and I do not work on one.
I just gave a hint where to find a config file.

Tks @EddyMI3D.

@rtremmel : were you able to get the config file working ?

I am new to Klipper so I decided to get the SKR Mini E3 V3 working with Marlin 2.1.1 first. It turns out the Ender 6 is actually a CoreYX machine, but I discovered this AFTER I got a working configuration.

This works for me:

#define COREXY
#define INVERT_X_DIR true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR false
#define INVERT_Z_DIR true

AND I had to reverse the X and Y stepper plugs on the BTT controller. If I had specified COREYX it might have been easier. I had to flash the firmware about six times to get a working combination!

I never did get the stock display working. I even updated its firmware. So I bought a BTT TFT35 V3.01. I am still having some issues getting it working.

Hi rtremmel,

I got the same configuration, an Ender 6 with BLTouch installed using a BTT SKR E3 Mini V3.0 with BTT TFT35 V3.0.1 under Marlin 2.1.2 and have some trouble get it work correctly, maybe you can help me a little bit.

The TFT is running pretty good, after I had installed the correct firmware. I had to take the BIGTREE_GD_TFT35_V3.0.27.x.bin for my TFT.
You can edit the config.ini file to make changes to the TFT firmware, you don’t have to flash the firmware completely new.

It took me about 2 Months to get the Marlin 2.1.2 firmware to work. Today I made my first few testprints, tried to print a Benchy. My issue is the writing on the first Layer of the Benchy is upside down. Maybe it is while I have other settings in the configuration.h as you.

I have:
#define COREXY
#define INVERT_X_DIR false
#define INVERT_Y_DIR true

And I have also:
#define USE_YMIN_PLUG
#define USE_ZMIN_PLUG → this must be set for the BLTouch!
#define USE_XMAX_PLUG

What did you mean with “reverse the X and Y stepper plug on the BTT controller”? Could you please explain?

Thank you.

I had to physically swap the X and Y servo connectors on the BTT SKR E3 Mini V3 board. Here is the configuration that works for me:

#define COREXY

// Invert the stepper direction. Change (or reverse the motor connector) if an axis goes the wrong way.
// This config for BIGTREETECH SKR MINI E3 V3.0 requires swapping the X and Y stepper connectors.
#define INVERT_X_DIR true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR false

I subsequently read the Ender-6 is actually a COREYX printer rather than a COREXY; but by then I figured out the configuration above works with the X and Y servo cables reversed.

Hi rtremmel,
I made now the changes, inverted the stepper cable of the X and Y axis, and got the printer to work again, but I have the same issue. If there is a writing on the first layer(s), it is printed mirrored, and so not really readable. I have been at this point before, without inverting the cable of the x and y stepper.

But thanks in anyway for your help.

did you happen to get config working as i have ender 6 with skr mini v3 im having trouble with config?

No. I never got around to installing Klipper. Still running the latest Marlin version.

Well i got it to work but had to switch the x and y wires for steppers on board then everything worked

Good to know. Thanks.