Extruder selection button in Mainsail

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 5plus - 2in 2out hotend
MCU / Printerboard: BTT Manta M8P with CB1
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file. Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our Knowledge Base and in particular this and this post

Describe your issue: I am testing a dual extruder setup and noticed that the Mainsail dashboard allows me to select between extruders but it does not actually activate “extruder1” when I select it so If I use the extrude or retract button, it operates “extruder”. I can send ACTIVATE_EXTRUDER command in the console or create & run a macro to activate and all works OK but I wanted to know how to get the extruder selection button to work on the dashboard.

Thanks

I have the same problem, did you manage to resolve it?

Never figured it out. I have macros to activate each extruder so I can click those macro buttons on the mainsail dashboard to switch between them. I have a BTT mini 12864 screen hooked up to the Manta so I modified the menu.cfg to display the extra extruder details and added the function to switch between extruders. Most of the time when I am loading or unloading filament, I use the 12864.

This dropdown is only for the PA settings (the complete row is PA settings). You have to define T0, T1, Tx… macros; then, you will see buttons at the top of this panel.

You can also use a “active” and “color” variable in these macros to display the active tool and which color is right now in this tool.