Fluidd and OctoPrint?

Hi All,

Quick question, is it possible to run Fluidd and Octoprint simultaneously? Looking at the infrastructure diagram here: Klipper Architecture / Ecosystem it appears this should be OK, as Fluidd connects to the Moonraker API but OctoPrint/OctoKlipper connects directly via a pseudo serial connection.

When I try to connect to ~/printer_data/comms/klippy.sock though I get the error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected.

I have tried several different baud rates and also tried ~/printer_data/comms/klippy.serial and /dev/ttyAMA0 (the latter though is being used by Klipper I believe).

Is this possible, or should I just uninstall Fluidd?

Many thanks,

Mo

Theoretic yes.

To connect OctoPrint to Klipper you have to use this virtual port:

/home/pi/printer_data/comms/klippy.serial

depending on where you have installed Klipper and Moonraker

You have to insert this into Additional serial ports:

And then select it here:

grafik

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, this is exactly what I have done (as per the documentation pages) but I get the previously mentioned error.

I have just noticed that you also kept the /tmp/printer link in additional serial ports (the docs say this is an older value), so I have re-added that and now it seems to connect happily.

Could it just be the missing /tmp/printer? This doesn’t seem to have been created at all :-/

I just generated a PR based on your feedback to update the docs: Amend octoprint install instructions with `klippy.serial` by mlewis-everley · Pull Request #6676 · Klipper3d/klipper · GitHub

1 Like