The 0.10.0 version of Klipper has now been released! For more information on the release, please see:
There is a Patreon page for those who want to donate to Klipper:
New in this release:
- Support for “Multi-MCU Homing”. It is now possible for a stepper motor and its endstop to be wired to separate micro-controllers. This simplifies wiring of Z probes on “toolhead boards”.
- Klipper now has a Community Discord Server and a Community Discourse Server.
- The Klipper website now uses the “mkdocs” infrastructure. There is also a
Klipper Translations project.
- Automated support for flashing firmware via sdcard on many boards.
- New kinematic support for “Hybrid CoreXY” and “Hybrid CoreXZ” printers.
- Klipper now uses
rotation_distanceto configure stepper motor travel distances.
- The main Klipper host code can now directly communicate with micro-controllers using CAN bus.
- New “motion analysis” system. Klipper’s internal motion updates and sensor results can be tracked and logged for analysis.
- Trinamic stepper motor drivers are now continuously monitored for error conditions.
- Support for the rp2040 micro-controller (Raspberry Pi Pico boards).
- The “make menuconfig” system now utilizes kconfiglib.
- Many additional modules added: ds18b20, duplicate_pin_override, filament_motion_sensor, palette2, motion_report, pca9533, pulse_counter, save_variables, sdcard_loop, temperature_host, temperature_mcu
- Several bug fixes and code cleanups.
For further information on Klipper, please see: