LDM slicer? Anyone know of one?

Basic Information: Looking for a slicer(Klipper integration) that is dedicated to liquid deposition modeling.

Printer Model: modified RatRig 400
MCU / Printerboard: BTT Octopus 1.1
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file. Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our Knowledge Base and in particular this and this post

Describe your issue: Looking for an open source slicer (Klipper integration) that is dedicated to LDM- liquid deposition modeling. FDM slicer’s don’t have some of the controls or settings needed for paste or silicone extrusion. For example, the luer lock syringe tip we use has an ID of .016". There are no slicer’s that allow custom nozzle sizes? Another, the extrusion layer is not "squished’ onto the previous layer. It needs to print so it bridges on top of the previous layer. Most of the structures are this pseudo rectilinear lattice with a perimeter. I need the slicer to act like it is in “vase” mode, only print the infill also. Ideally this would continue with as few start and stop points in the layers as possible. There are other needs but you get the idea. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks!

I don’t have any experience with LDM slicing, but Prusa Slicer and SuperSlicer allow custom nozzle sizes. In any event, 0.016" is 0.4mm, which is easily the most common FDM nozzle size so any FDM slicer should be able to handle this with no problem (and probably even by default).

I’m not sure what you mean by “act like it is in ‘vase’ mode, only print the infill also.” Based on how vase mode works, that’s simply not possible unless you specifically design your model to have a single perimeter that incorporates built-in pseudo-infill.

However, depending on the length of your syringe tip and the height and shape of your model, it might be possible to fully print the shell in vase mode and then go back and print the infill afterwards. That would never work with a standard 3d printing nozzle, but it could work in theory with a long cylindrical syringe tip. You’d have to make sure that the tip is longer than the model is tall, and that no shell layer is closer to the center than any layer below it. Otherwise the tip or the syringe would collide with the shell when printing the infill.