Lost connection to mcu ender 5

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 5
MCU / Printerboard: Skr3 E3mini
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

klippy (14).log (8.0 MB)
About a year ago i buyed a rasperry pi4 with 2 gb and installed klipper on my printer with skr mini e3 V3. Now i didn’t print for 2-3 weeks, and yesterday startet a print 190mm tall, my printer stopped at height 140 with the error lost connection to mcu. i restarted the print and the next one stopped at height 180. Today the same print stopped at height 40. I cannot understand why and where to find the problem, i also tried another usb cable today.

Refer to Timeout with MCU / Lost communication with MCU
In almost every case this is related to your hardware. Unfortunately, finding the culprit can be tricky.

Just my 2 ct. I studied your klippy.log for almost 1h.

I agree with

It also shows “b’Got EOF when reading from device’”

Before checking the hardware, I would start over with a new, fresh SD card and give it a try.

Oh, I forgot. If you try that, please create a fresh kippy.log.

Good luck, hcet14

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.