MCU _problem_ cannot access '/dev/by-id/'

Basic Information:

inter Model: Flying Bear 3D Printer Reborn 2

Tried everything possible but the problem still exists

Have you tried this?

BTW: Uploading text copies of outputs are way more better the screen copies :wink:

1 Like

In my case it’s Armbian.
Thank’s anyway :heart::heart:
​

1 Like

Armbian is either Ubuntu based or Debian based, depending on what you downloaded.

The dmesg output indicates that the board is not correctly recognized by the Linux operating system. While @EddyMI3D’s input can still be valid, this currently seems not the root cause.

Likely the board is not properly flashed.

• Either wrong settings (I do not know which board is in this printer, since you did not provide any information)
  • Flash process went wrong
  • (Board is dead)
1 Like

In printer is Makerbase Nano6 v3.2 board

Not sure, MKS does not list this board, but it is likely based on a Nano v3.
Try

and name the resulting bin file Robin_nano_6.bin flash via SD

That’s exactly what I did, but it didn’t change anything.

Sorry, no further idea.
The kernel of your Linux system is producing a hardware related error. It could also be some issues with your host:

• Maybe try a different Armbian version
  • Try a different USB port on the host
  • Remove all other USB devices, if any
  • Different USB cable

On my Armbian, this error would mean:

klipper@bananapim5:~/klipper$ grep '62' /usr/include/asm-generic/errno.h
#define ETIME           62      /* Timer expired */
klipper@bananapim5:~/klipper$

Which has scientific value only as I have no idea what it means.

I tried 5 other USB cables
And 1 other OS issues

But the problem still exists

Here is a command that I found on the discord channel that fixes that problem. I’ve used it 3 times on 3 different printers and it works.

curl -sSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mainsail-crew/MainsailOS/develop/patches/udev-fix.sh | bash

2 Likes

@Davtyan
Did that solve your problem?

1 Like

@hcet14 :

You have read that?

1 Like

I deleted and reinstalled everything but can’t seem to find the mcu: serial at this point.
There is no file or directory.
I have tried almost all possible options, I have read and familiarized myself with the contents of all the klipper files, but the problem was not solved.

I just asked Davtyan a question and I didn’t get an answer yet. Funny, that you asked me another one concerning my question.

Unsure, if I understand your question right!

“udev-fix.sh”? Yes.

Old, first thing I thought.

What’s this doing?

# Patch Funcs

patch_udev(){
    local udev_pkg_version
    udev_pkg_version="$(dpkg-query -s udev | grep "Version" | sed 's/Version\: //')"

if [[ -n "${udev_pkg_version}" ]] && [[ "${udev_pkg_version}" =~ "deb11u2" ]]; then
        echo_red "'udev' version: ${udev_pkg_version}, is affected by bug ..."
        echo_green "Install patched udev rule from systemd git repository ..."
        curl -sSL "${UDEV_FIX_RAW_RULE_FILE}" > "${UDEV_FIX_TMP_FILE}"
        sudo cp "${UDEV_FIX_TMP_FILE}" "${UDEV_FIX_OUTPUT_FILE}"
        rm -f "${UDEV_FIX_TMP_FILE}"
    else
        echo_green "'udev' version: ${udev_pkg_version}, is NOT affected by bug ... [SKIPPED]"
    fi

Sorry, overseen that @ line

1 Like

Yes, I read it, but unfortunately only when I deleted everything and tried again.

Is that your printer mainboard?

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005005534811484.html?src=google&aff_fcid=e31eb792b8fc42fc87172475a59d239b-1692736516156-05696-UneMJZVf&aff_fsk=UneMJZVf&aff_platform=aaf&sk=UneMJZVf&aff_trace_key=e31eb792b8fc42fc87172475a59d239b-1692736516156-05696-UneMJZVf&terminal_id=f968300ba8744547ba223fb80126025c&afSmartRedirect=y&gatewayAdapt=glo2ita

No , mine is Makerbase Nano6 v3.2

It seems to me that I have stressed a lot about this issue and am already getting confused.
I’m sorry if I’m formulating my answers incorrectly, I think I’ll reformulate and present the question more clearly a little later. Anyway, thank you all for your help.

You’re welcome. Good idea, starting over. Make sure you provide good information about your setup (printer mainboard, printer, host (sbc, or something else).

Good luck, hcet1

1 Like