MCU 'rpi' error during config Unable to open spi

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Voron 2.4
MCU / Printerboard: raspberry pi with skr v1.4
klippy.log
klippy.log (1.8 MB)

So like those before I’m trying to install the adxl345 acceleromter and have followed the guides (Measuring Resonances - Klipper documentation). Everything is up to date (Fluidd, Klipper, Moonraker, Klipperscreen) and everything is working UNTIL I add these lines:

[mcu rpi]
serial: /tmp/klipper_host_mcu

[adxl345]
cs_pin: rpi:None

[resonance_tester]
accel_chip: adxl345
probe_points: 100,100,20

SPI is enabled in the /boot/config.txt and is shown to be working.

So what am I missing??

Hi @menace . Not that I would be an Expert in this field, but from looking at the log file, klipper just cannot establish connection with your Pi’s SPI and therefore shuts down. I suggest enabling SPI using raspi-config instead of manually:

1. Run sudo raspi-config.
  2. Use the down arrow to select 5 Interfacing Options
  3. Arrow down to P4 SPI.
  4. Select yes when it asks you to enable SPI,
  5. Also select yes if it asks about automatically loading the kernel module

Maybe this helps. Also, I suppose you “flashed” your Pi with the latest mcu-firmware. Cheers Florian

1 Like

well I went full nuclear on this–wiped the card and started over–seems to be the only way to fix things these days :frowning: I used a fresh mainsail, klipper install and was able to get it up and running–even was able to run the resonance test and get numbers. (yay!)

Now to figure out why my screen doesn’t work–christ almighty this is a pain…klipperscreen says there is no screen so now I have to track down drivers i guess and then go through umpteen million config files to set it up…

1 Like

I feel with you… :frowning:
But hey, if you want the plug and play experience, check Bambu Labs :stuck_out_tongue: