MCU 'rpi' error during config: Unable to open spi device

Hardware:
Printer: Ender 3 Pro
motherboard: Duet 2 WiFi
RaspberryPi 4
Software: Klipper + Octoprint through octoklipper

I have tried to install secondary MCU in order to to an automatic resonance calibration. I have used the wiring from Measuring_Resonances - input-shaper-auto-calibration -using the red board and followed these RPi_microcontroller steps.
After the steps above I couldn’t connect to printer anymore because of the error - “MCU ‘rpi’ error during config: Unable to open spi device”.
I’ve tripled checked if the SPI is on through Putty, and it was on, but the error persisted.

Being unable to sort this out, I wanted to roll back and just continue without it, but the software is not connecting to printer anymore getting the error “Printer is not ready”

Is there any solution to this which excludes the reinstallation?
I attached the printer.cfg and klippy log
klippy-17.05.2022.log (166.3 KB)
klipper17.05.2022.cfg (18.8 KB)

Try removing

[adxl345]
cs_pin = rpi:None

[resonance_tester]
accel_chip = adxl345
probe_points = 

from your cfg then reboot the RPi.

1 Like

You have a problem in your config leading to a parsing error. The line that says 115,115,80 should not be there. The snippet below is how Klipper is reading your config, and the reason it won’t connect.

[mcu]
serial = /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Klipper_sam4e8e_00323053354141543133303531303432-if00

[virtual_sdcard]
path = ~/gcode_files

I got it to work without the adxl. I just had to uncomment
[mcu]
serial: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Klipper_sam4e8e_00323053354141543133303531303432-if00

#[mcu host]
#serial: /tmp/klipper_host_mcu.

But the next step is how do I make it work with adxl345 so i can calibrate it?

That line is not there in the cfg uploaded by me, it is under probe_points.

All I can tell you is you had a typo in your config which is why Klipper wouldn’t connect. If you’ve fixed it, great.

Looking at your config, the problem is you haven’t commented out the line with the probe points. That needs to be fixed

I commented out the line with the probe points and I get the same error: MCU ‘rpi’ shutdown: Unable to open spi device.

Please post a fresh klippy.log file.

klippy.log (245.1 KB)

Run sudo raspi-config and verify under “Interfaces” that you have SPI actually enabled

1 Like

I double checked before uploading the klippy log

I want to mention that worked couple of months before, but I had different motherboard. Now I have duet 2 wifi.

Just to make sure:

• You have connected the ADXL to your Raspberry Pi not to the Duet
  • You have tried re-booting the RPi
  • You have connected the ADXL according to Measuring Resonances - Klipper documentation
  • You do not have any other devices or hardware connected to the RPi

Bonjour , j’ai le même problème
j’avais mon Adxl qui marché tres bien , jai fais la mise à jour Raspi de la fin du mois d’Avril
depuis plus possible !
j’ai même essayé en réinstallant tout mais sans résultat positif , alors il me reste plus que l’option Adxl via usb que je viens de commander …en espérant que là ça va marcher

Hello I have the same problem
I had my Adxl which worked very well, I did the Raspi update at the end of April
for as long as possible!
I even tried by reinstalling everything but without positive result, so I only have the Adxl option via usb that I just ordered … hoping that it will work

Hi all, I have I have the same problem, but i use CB1 and I don’t have raspi-config.

Here’s the boot file:
BoardEnv.txt (1.3 KB)

Here’s the adxl345.cfg:
adxl345.cfg (288 Bytes)

I figured out that the error is caused by [adxl345].
what am I doing wrong?