Neopixel in klipper and SK6812

I’m running a fysect spider v1.1 and connected a 5V strip to PD3. It is a SK6812 one.
Is this type of strip supported by the neopixel configuration section of klipper?

As I can’t get it to lit up (even through I can measure proper 5V), I do not think so. But on the other hand google reports hits always in bunch of the three “Neopixel/ws2812/sk6812” making it look like they do speak the same protocol.

Thanks…

Same Protokoll yes
But the sk Has 4 dots and Not Just 3

Yeah, meanwhile I did end up with the same conclusion. That you are able to configure a “WHITE” channel, supports that there is more than the 3color ws2812, and the SK6812 has this WHITE channel.

But that leaves me puzzled on why they do not lit up when configured and connected (Klipper + Spider V1.1). I guess I will make a quick test setup with an ESP8266 (but I’m confident that they will electrical-work). For me it is impossible to debug the data line to see what the spider tries to send, or if it is even trying to send. So hmm…

OK. I’m an idiot. I completely forgot that these stripes have a direction on how to feed them.
So my ESP8266 test did fail as well, and than I saw whats wrong.

Tried it with Klipper now and I can confirm that SK6812 are working fine with Klipper:
mcu
Version: v0.10.0-112-g9ecddd1b
Host
Version: v0.10.0-112-g9ecddd1b

1 Like

:rofl: i had the same issue at my stripe behind the TV :see_no_evil:

I have the same issue that my SK6812 are not lighting up.
They got 5v from a seperate powersupply and the data pin is connected the Octopus board on pin PB0.

My config looks like this:

#NeoPixels
[neopixel my_neopixel]
pin: PB0
#   The pin connected to the neopixel. This parameter must be
#   provided.
chain_count: 22
#   The number of Neopixel chips that are "daisy chained" to the
#   provided pin. The default is 1 (which indicates only a single
#   Neopixel is connected to the pin).
color_order: GRBW
#   Set the pixel order required by the LED hardware. Options are GRB,
#   RGB, BRG, GRBW, or RGBW. The default is GRB.
#initial_RED: 1.0
#initial_GREEN: 0.0
#initial_BLUE: 0.0
#initial_WHITE: 1.0
#   Sets the initial LED color of the Neopixel. Each value should be
#   between 0.0 and 1.0. The WHITE option is only available on RGBW
#   LEDs. The default for each color is 0.

I tested it with the default command and bright lights:

SET_LED LED=my_neopixel RED=1 GREEN=1 BLUE=1

The Wire is connected in the right way (I took at the direction of the arrow and it is connected to the start of the arrow)

can someone help me out?

Configuration and cmd looks fine, compared to mine (a working one).

You feed the stripe like this…
[Ascii Art:]
E |> (x) (x) (x) …
wires arrow leds

But you already said you verified that.

You said you feed the stripe from a separate power source. So I assume they share a common ground? In a 3 wire configuration with one data pin, the Datapin is Stripe-internally connected(via some circuit) to at least one of the other wires.

I am trying to use a strip of 90 SK6812 based RGBW pixels to my printer and it seems to be working, but instead addressing pixels individually, it treats every 6 in the chain as a single pixel. For example index=1 would manipulate LEDs from 1 to 6, index 2 will do 7-12 and so on so on - index 15 would do pixels 85-90. I can kind of use them like that (originally plan was to use single color at a time on all) but it eats me it doesn’t work properly. I wonder if anyone encounter issue like this?

Have you figured out your indexing issue yet??? I’m wanting to index the individual leds myself of my strip of 30. But there just doesn’t seem to be much documentation around to point me in any direction.