Palette 2 connection giving error

Guys,
I believe I have a bug in my Klipper. I use Palette2 and it works fine. But now it updated and it just stopped working. The settings are fine, but when I give the command “PALETTE_CONNECT” an internal error occurs and Klipper shuts down. Does anyone know how to help me?
Internal Error on command: “PALETTE_CONNECT” after this error klipper shuts down and it is necessary to use “Firmeware Restart”

klippy.log (2.4 MB)

@cmroche would you support?

1 Like

Yeah will take a week or two though

2 Likes

thank you, I have no way out here, I came Using people who understand more

the palette2 module in klipper isnt updated to python3 right now. you can switch to python2 for klipper. i hope someone can update this module.

Any updates on a fix? I, too, would like to use my palette2 with Klipper.

Soon… sorry… busy time of year for me.

I’ve started to do updates this weekend though so I can test and try to reproduce the problem. Worst case scenario is that I will fix this over my holidays from Dec 19th onwards, but I’ll try to get something sooner :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anybody found work around for this in meantime? Tried this solution below that supposedly revert back to python 2 but didnt seem to work:

Unfortunately I didn’t get anything here… I’m also waiting for someone with a solution

Sorry for the delay, setting up and starting to look at this today.

Thank you. I won’t be able to test any changes for a few weeks but will do so as soon as I can.

Yay, I’m looking forward to using the palette again. :laughing:

PR here in case anyone can/wants to test. palette2: Fix errors with bad handling of NoneType in a few locations by cmroche · Pull Request #5962 · Klipper3d/klipper · GitHub

will this correction be incorporated into Klipper? Because being honest, I don’t understand much about programming to change around here :frowning:

Kevin merged it into main 2 days ago. It’ll either be in the next release, or you can use the dev channel to get the latest.

I have klipper, moonraker, etc all up to date but still cant get this working. Palette 2 is definitely connected to Pi, I have this port set for it in printer.cfg: “/dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_FT230X_Basic_UART_DM02FQQJ-if00-port0”
When i start a print that should use it it says “Cannot initialize print, palette 2 is not connected”

Here are versions i am on for kipper and moonraker.
klipper
v0.11.0-87-g0407c24c
moonraker
v0.7.1-821-g12b1bef

1 Like

Im in the same boat. Everything is up to date, and the pi verified that it can see the Palette 2 via command line.

I will say, I am using MainsailOS. Anyone else have that same setup and still having these issues?

unfortunately I haven’t been able to since I opened the topic… a pity because I use the palette a lot and now it’s stopped

Any update is this is working? Going to try again soon but if it’s not working still not going to bother.