Reset issue with TMC tmc2209 on large print

Hello,

I’m having huge issues with my printer (Ender 3 with a SKR mini e3 v1.2 board) since recently. I don’t know how long ago since it happens specifically with a print that takes a large portion of the bed, which I don’t print often.

My issue is that my printer will randomly stop printing, saying:

TMC ‘stepper_x’ reports error: GSTAT: 00000001 reset=1(Reset)
Once the underlying issue is corrected, use the
“FIRMWARE_RESTART” command to reset the firmware, reload the
config, and restart the host software.
Printer is shutdown

it’s always the stepper_x giving an error.

I tried removing pressure advance since some people said it gave them this issue, but it didn’t change anything. I’ve checked my config compared to the example config for the SKR mini E3 v1.2 and I can’t find anything wrong.

I checked the wiring from the x motor to the board and didn’t see anything wrong with the wire.

Also, I updated octoprint and klipper today, because before I had even worse issues with the same print: the print would randomly multiply the movements in the X axis; sometimes even going over the bounds, so the hotend would hit against the sides and the motor would skip.

it always happens at the same point: about 1/3 of the way of the second layer. I can print full smaller items successfully.

I thought maybe I had an issue with my bowden tube, because it’s a bit short and going to the farthest position in x it would “pull” a bit, there was some light resistance. I figured maybe it made the motor strain too much. Anyway, it looks like maybe it helped a bit? I was able to do 4 layers but then it stopped again…

I’m really at a loss now… the x motor is not hot when this happens by the way, I can let my hand rest on it and it’s barely hot it seems.

The only solution I thought about was to up the current on the motor a bit, but I’m very hesistant to do it since it worked before and my current is currently like the one in the example.

here are my logs: pastebin - outil de debug collaboratif

I wasn’t able to run a DUMP_TMC command, it just says the tmc was reset…

Thanks

Please refer to TMC 'extruder' reports error: GSTAT: 00000001 reset=1(reset - #39 by Sineos

I have already read those issues, but haven’t been able to figure it out :confused: I checked all my wiring. some stuff was a bit loose but even after fixing those the end result is the same.

after reprinting the same object but slower, it appears to be working. Does that mean I’m hitting some kind of limit (not enough current?), which causes a crash and the symptom appears as a tmc driver reset? also I noticed earlier that one time my print paused for 1 second before resuming and in the logs it said “Pausing toolhead to calculate extruder phase offset”. I wasn’t able to find anything on this message online ??

for reference, here’s how I’m printing:

• 110 mm/s infill
  • 65 mm/s walls
  • 85 mm/s top/botom
  • 0.6 mm nozzle
  • 0.32 mm layer height
  • 3000 mm/s^2 acceleration

I know this is a lot (I have the voron mobius extruder, it was impossible with the stock extruder), but it gives me good print quality. Should I try increasing the current on my steppers?

Thanks.