Setting up M8P v2 w/CB1 for X5SA - before migrating over

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Tronxy X5SA - pro - Direct drive
MCU / Printerboard: BTT Manta M8P 1.1 w/CB1
klippy.log
klippy.log (340.5 KB)
printer.cfg (6.1 KB)

I’m currently using stock hardware, and running klipper successfully on that; However, I want to migrate over to a M8P 1.1 (eventually I want a 3 point bed level system). I think I have the cfg file set up correctly, so far, and I think I know how to set up the stock black tronxy bed level sensor I have - 3 wires. I see where the BL touch would plug in, but I’m a little nervous just adapting from a 3 pin system to a 5 pin…

I’ve been making changes saving and restarting, and that’s been good so far for figuring things out… but I’m at a roadblock… I’m getting the following error.

“MCU ‘mcu’ shutdown: ADC out of range This generally occurs when a heater temperature exceeds its configured min_temp or max_temp.”

I have nothing hooked up yet, except the drivers… no motors, or wiring to anything… the only wire going to it is USB, and that’s for power. Is there a way to temporarily bypass this safety check, so I can continue setting this up? I’ve tried commenting out the whole “heater bed” section, and even then, that doesn’t help me move past it.

If anyone would care to evaluate my CFG file for me, and give me some insight on things, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

This sensor appears to be an inductive probe but with very limited information available.
So every following advice is under the heading “usually…” with no guarantee nor liability whatsoever:

• brown cable is VCC
  • blue cable is GND
  • black is signal
  • VCC should be at least 12V, but most inductive probes work better with higher voltage (then again, no information available)
  • the black signal cable goes to your z-min or z-max endstop pin and needs to be reflected in the printer.cfg
  • it is good practice or even mandatory (depending on the type) to put a diode, e.g. a fast BAT85 diode, in the black signal cable with the “black ring” on the diode facing towards the probe

See ADC out of range
In your case caused by the bed, either because the temp sensor of the bed is not plugged in at all or wrongly connected.
You have configured PB1 for the bed’s thermistor, which corresponds to THB on the board.

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.

I’m curious if it would just be better to ditch the black sensor in favor of something else I don’t have to futz with to get it to work. I would like “the beacon” but from what I understand, that only works on ferrous metal beds… I want it to work even if I use a G10 bed.

Isn’t PB1/THB the correct pin for that? thought THB meant THermistor Bed.

Refer to ABL and accuracy, which probe to choose? for a bit of discussion on this topic

Using this port is fine. It does not matter which of the temperature ports on your board you are using for the bed and / or extruder. All that matters is that the electrical connection and the pin in the printer.cfg are matching.

So if you have configured the sensor_pin of the bed to be PB1 then you need to connect your bed’s thermistor to THB

Thank you for the link that compared probes. If I drop the black tronxy sensor, I might go with the biqu microprobe.

As for the bed heater; I tried deleting or commenting out the heated bed part, just to move past it temporarily, and it still asks about the thermistor. Is there somewhere else I should be looking to just disable the heated bed?

I’m using it in one of my printers as well. I’m quite satisfied with it.

Well, being a 3D printer firmware, Klipper expects that some hardware actually is present. Try commenting out the section header [heater_bed] including all items below.

I’ve tried commenting it out also, and i still get an error “Option ‘sensor_type’ in section ‘heater_bed’ must be specified”.

Thanks