SKR 1.4 Turbo after update to 0.12: Pin 'P1.10' is not a valid pin name on mcu 'mcu'

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Prusa i3 Bear Mod
MCU / Printerboard: SKR 1.4 Turbo
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

I had a perfectly working Klipper config on SKR 1.4 Turbo until I upgraded from v0.11.0-311-g9e765dae to v0.12.0-8-g187cc2f1 and suddenly started getting:

Pin 'P1.10' is not a valid pin name on mcu 'mcu'

As far as I can tell this is the only pin that’s causing trouble. I use it in:

[tmc2209 stepper_x]
uart_pin: P1.10
interpolate: True
run_current: 0.800
#hold_current: 0.500
stealthchop_threshold: 999999
#stealthchop_threshold: 250
diag_pin: P1.29
driver_SGTHRS: 110

This is consistent with the example in Git repository. I tried recompiling the firmware, to no avail.

I have had many successful upgrades in the past, until today.

klippy.log (6.3 MB)

(Note that klippy.log has logs from successful startup earlier today as well as failed ones after the upgrade)

FWIW I have another, very similar printer on 0.12 and same board and almost identical config and it’s not having this issue.

Hmm, weirdly enough rebooting Raspberry Pi host fixed the issue. Sorry about the noise.

1 Like

Ok, even more weird - after another Raspberry Pi reboot the issue came back. Any ideas are welcome.

Ok, finally understood this - I had second MCU attached to the Raspberry Pi which had accelerometer hooked up.

I also had:

serial: /dev/ttyACM0

which became randomly assigned to either SKR 1.4 or the second MCU.

Changing serial to use /dev/serial/by-id/ fixed the issue:

serial: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Klipper_lpc1769_0CB00214E910D595B309DB61C42000F5-if00

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.