Speed and Lift_Speed Calculations for T8 Leadscrew

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Makeshift PrintrBot 1403
MCU / Printerboard: A64/STM Recore
klippy.log : klippy.log - Pastebin.com is my klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file. Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our Knowledge Base and in particular this and this post

Describe your issue:

Hello,

I have a cartesian printer w/ a new T8 leadscrew. I calculated, via the docs, to have a rotation_distance of 8 for my T8 leadscrew. Thank you…it is working but my gantry that is attached to the Z_Axis refuses to move.

I can manually, w/ drill, move my gantry up, down, and back along w/ XY planes that I can move by hand via their slide rods and belts.

Anyway…I am trying to calculate speed for my gantry and lift_speed also.

1. My motors are 200 Revolution motors w/ 1.8 degrees.
  2. All motors are alike except for Y. It is an Ocean motor that is different, same mfg, than the two other motors for Z and X.

Calibrations still need to take place but first, I need to home this machine and move the Z_axis Gantry.

Seth

P.S. If you have time to read and you understand what I am trying to conquer here, please advise me.

You always have to home first, so that the printer knows the where to stop and where the print head is.

1 Like

Right… @EddyMI3D ,

I cannot home yet due to some error that I do not understand yet. The motor is quiet but does not move the Z_axis to home the machine. It is stalling and pausing.

I think it has to do w/ the speed, lift_speed, and overall Z_axis config. I have not configured things correctly b/c of this homing issue and my config. so far.

Seth

Post a complete klippy.log

2 Likes

And please here. Not everyone can do pastebin.

1 Like

You got it. @Sineos …I will post the whole log.

Seth

@EddyMI3D , I am sorry. I went to the maximum line limit w/ klippy.log.

Klipp.log.txt (47.9 KB)

You can zip a huge file.

Also you have been asked to share the file, not it’s contents.

1 Like

I am replying to my own thread. I am not sure of it currently but…

1. I think it is friction as the cause.
  2. I have not singled out anything.
  3. The motor is working but stuck on something.

If you guys want, we can close this issue.

I really think it is a friction issue so far unless you see otherwise.

Seth

P.S. Sorry to bother your #general-discussion part of the forums. It is a faulty leadscrew. They decided to sell a bent one to me.

Excuse me…