Struggling with pressure advance or is it an other problem?

Hi,

i have some issues or understanding problems with pressure advance and i hope someone could help me. I need to mention that i am not sure if this is a pa problem at all.

So far i made a little progress with my printer. I needed to exchange a few things and the printer is listed as a corexy, but in fact it’s an inverted cartesian. Since i change everything and it’s doing as intended. I was not aware and haven’t realy peaked into the mechanics of the different typs of printers. Meanwhile i did an yeah “my fault or lazyness to be honest” - some need to learn the hard way :slight_smile: .

Anyway - i am currently struggling with pressure advanced. As i mentioned i already changed a printer to klipper from marlin and everything was pretty straight forward. Now it’s a Bowdensystem and it seems to behave way different then all i did before. Or let me say there is an persistant issue i can’t solve myself.

I did the calibration part 3 times and was always at 0.5014 - 0.5141 with the result (0+messured high*0,020 - the factor for bowden from the guide). The overall quality is better, but corners still looking bulgy and rounded - what they didn’t on the messured hight of the calibration part - i proceeded as on my CR6-SE (with dd extruder mod) and there i have absolutely sharp corners.
Could it be that maybe acceleration is to high or that i am using square_corner_velocity with the default of 5.0, atm printing with 100mm/s (150mm/s is the extruders and hotends limit).

[printer]
kinematics: cartesian
max_velocity: 150
max_accel: 2000
max_z_velocity: 10
max_z_accel: 30
square_corner_velocity: 5.0

[extruder]
step_pin: P2.13
dir_pin: P0.11
enable_pin: !P2.12
rotation_distance: 33.25000
microsteps: 16
nozzle_diameter: 0.400
filament_diameter: 1.750
heater_pin: P2.7
sensor_type: EPCOS 100K B57560G104F
sensor_pin: P0.25
control: pid
#PID at 210°C
pid_Kp: 20.080
pid_Ki: 0.864
pid_Kd: 116.716
min_temp: 0
max_temp: 250
min_extrude_temp: 170
max_extrude_only_distance: 1000
max_extrude_cross_section: 0.64
Pressure_advance: 0.5014
pressure_advance_smooth_time: 0.040

if i print the basic cube infill it’s exaclty 20x20x20mm with corners 20.10x20.10x20mm wall thinkness is also fine, a cube without infill and 2 walls are exactly 0.80 by 0.40 layer width. I did skew correction first cause got a bit allignment issues, it varied 0.01-.02 on every side at the beginning, what is gone now, but i have exactly 0.05 corner overshoot on every single one - it sounds like nothing, but make things doesn’t fit.

I am realy at the end with my knowledge and hope someone could help !

Thanks and Regards
BPM

Bumping in the hopes that someone with knowledge chimes in, because I think I’m seeing some similar issues. :slightly_smiling_face:

For general calibration issues, you might have more luck in a general 3d printing forum, as these types of tuning issues are common to all printer firmware. That said, if you take detailed photos of the print defects it’s possible someone here may be able to provide some advice.

-Kevin