Hi Folks. While working on bringing back zhop to firmware retraction, I have summarized all (hopefully…) events currently available in Klipper. Maybe you’ll find below summary useful:
- klippy:mcu_identify → Event sent after config was read and MCU is being identified
- klippy:connect → Event sent when host establishes connection to MCU
- klippy:ready → Event sent when host is connected to MCU
- klippy:shutdown → Event sent when transitioning to shutdown state
- klippy:firmware_restart → Event sent after firmware restart is requested
- klippy:disconnect → Event sent when host is disconnected from MCU
- stepper:sync_mcu_position → Event sent after mcu_position has been set to match stepper position
- stepper:set_sdir_inverted → Event sent when stepper direction is inverted
- stepper_enable:motor_off → Event sent when steppers are disabled
- homing:home_rails_begin → Event sent when a homing operation has started
- homing:home_rails_end → Event sent when a homing operation has been completed
- homing:homing_move_begin → Event sent when a homing move starts
- homing:homing_move_end → Event sent when a homing move ends
Module: Virtual SD Card.py
- virtual_sdcard:reset_file → Event sent when Virtual SD Card file is reset. When opening a new file, the _reset_file method is automatically called and hence, this event is sent every time a new file is loaded (using M23) and a new print starts (only when using the SDCARD_PRINT_FILE command).
- gcode:request_restart → Event sent when a host or firmware restart is requested.
- gcode:command_error → Event sent if a gcode command cannot be processed.
- toolhead:sync_print_time → Event sent when print time estimate is increased considering upcoming kinematic moves.
- toolhead:set_position → Event sent when toolhead position is set after homing, forced_moves, etc.
- toolhead:manual_move → Event sent when a manual move is executed duting e.g. safe z home.
Module: Idle Timeout.py
- idle_timeout:printing → Event sent when toolhead print time is updated to indicate printing ongoing
- idle_timeout:ready → Event sent after timeout handler is ready (called directly after klippy is ready).
- idle_timeout:idle → Event sent after idle timeout period has lapsed and idle timeout gcode (if applicable) has been executed.
- extruder:activate_extruder → Event sent when an the ACTIVATE_EXTRUDER command was executed.