Sunlu Terminator 3 pin diagram

I’ve been able to successfully klipper-ize my week old Sunlu Terminator 3 by using the config file that’s available in the configs directory. All good so far: I have nothing that is broken, printing works perfectly, and ecstatically happy with Mainsail too :slight_smile:

But the fans on the T3 are pretty darn loud and ‘sub-optimal’ and I am intending to do some polishing on that. And in the process of checking all that out, I realised I have not been able to find any pin diagrams for the T3.

Considering there’s a config file for the T3, there’s someone that has some in depth knowledge, or has a pin diagram, or knows where to find it. Any chance that anyone could point one out to me too? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

Hello @Shoikan !

There are multiple fans on a 3D printer:

1. The hotend cooler
  2. The part cooler
  3. Sometimes fans in the electronics box
  4. Fan in the PSU

To which ones do you refer in particular?

When you opened this thread there was a request for the klippy.log.

Uploading that would have been a great help.

I guess the PS fan.
sunlu_t3_review_en.pdf (7.4 MB)

Good luck, hcet14

The electronics box fan and the PSU fans are both quite loud. Since I am 99% sure the fan in the PSU isn’t controllable via the MCU I am planning to do some wiring directly to the raspi for the fan that will be replacing that one.

But the fan in the electronics box is quite loud as well and is connected to a JST two pin header only marked as ‘24V’ (ie: not as a fan number). If I could control that via the MCU, I’d probably just let it run a little slower (and keep an eye on temperatures). But to do that, I’d need to know what pin controls that fan.

I read through that review, but couldn’t find anything related to pin namings. Did I overlook it, or was that just some thorough, but general info on the T3?

A better solution would be to install a less noisy fan to keep the cooling proper.

Else you need a free control pin on the printer board and a switching device for the fan.

1 Like

I will look into that! Thanks in any case :slight_smile:

I guess, just reverse engineering helps. It looks like your GD32-T3 mainboard has many IOs available. Check out the voltage ratings of your fans (box fan and PSU) and hook them up to your GD32-T3 using a FET controlled by PWM.

Be careful on the PSU side! JUST DO IT, IF YOU ARE AN ELECTRICIAN!!!

I think I figured out what the ‘24V’ header is for. I was reading the specs of another board, and it listed the ‘24V’ one as an ‘always on’ fan header. That makes sense, since the fan for the electronics box is indeed always on. So, no way to control it anyway :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I recently bought the same type of printer. EDIT i found the firmware, do i just flash it with the sd card like i did before or is there another better method,. I would love to flash the klipper version i had on my ender 3. Or alternatively just switch the creality 4.2.7 board into the sunlu i just bought. I had some mishaps with the ender frame being bent. So i bought the sunlu clone hoping to swap but im worried that the firmware on the creality board wont play nice with the steppers or something on the sunlu. ANY advice would be so appreciated

Hello @jessethatguy !

What has your problem to do with the problem of the OP?

What advice do you really need?

Please open a new thread.