TMC 'stepper_z' reports error: GSTAT: 00000001 reset=1(Reset)

klippy.log (2.1 MB)
DUMP_TMC.log (1.2 KB)

Hi, can anyone give me any hints as to what I can do about “TMC ‘stepper_z’ reports error: GSTAT: 00000001 reset=1(Reset)”? This is with TMC2226 in an Fysetc S6.

I’ve tried:

• Disabling stealthchop.
  • Changing the stepstick.
  • Swapping which port the stepstick is plugged in to.
  • Changing the motor.
  • Changing the cabling between the board and motor.

It was working fine ~10 days ago when I last used it. It’s not always Z that has the error, about 10% of the time it’ll report an issue with Y. No matter what I’ve tried, I can’t get my printer to print for more than an hour or two.

Cheers.

There’s some info on that message at: klipper | Klipper is a 3d-printer firmware

If you’re getting random driver resets, you might want to verify that the motor voltage is stable and check for any crimps or frays in the wiring. Otherwise, I’m not sure what would cause that.

-Kevin

How would I go about confirming the motor voltage is stable?

Cabling should be good, I’ve tried two different lots and continuity tested one of them.

I’ve ordered another set of stepsticks to try to see if that makes any difference.

Could dodgy USB comm’s also cause this problem? As I’ve had a couple of instances of Lost communication with MCU as well as the persistent GSTAT reset.
I’ve added a cap to the 24v line to ensure input voltage stability, and replaced everything bar the Fysetc S6 board. I’m even onto my 3rd set of stepsticks, as I bought some 2209s just in case it was the 2226s that were the problem (they weren’t).

USB errors themselves shouldn’t cause the stepper drivers to reset themselves. However, whatever is causing the USB errors may also cause the stepper driver errors.

-Kevin

Seems you were onto something. Since switching over to using serial via the Pi’s GPIO I’ve not had any issues.