Upcoming v0.12.0 release

I’m planning to make the next release of Klipper. The plan is to tag this release as “v0.12.0”.

I’m currently looking at a release target date of 20231110, with a feature freeze starting 20231025. During the “feature freeze” the development focus will be on bug fixes and documentation updates.

If anyone has bugfixes to submit, now would be a good time to create a PR for them.

I’m currently planning to release as “v0.12.0” and not increment the first number (eg, not “v1.x.x”). I think Klipper has been fully stable for many years now, but I’m still concerned that we may need to make future non-backwards compatible changes to the config file. So, I think a leading “v0” version is still appropriate. I do think we should look to make a “v1” release in 2024. The release after this one I will look to tag as “v1.13.0”.

Draft release notes:

• Support for COPY and MIRROR modes on IDEX printers.
  • Several micro-controller improvements:
    • Support for new ar100 and hc32f460 architectures.
    • Support for stm32f7, stm32g0b0, stm32g07x, stm32g4, stm32h723, n32g45x, samc21, and samd21j18 chip variants.
    • Improved DFU and Katapult reboot handling.
    • Improved performance on USB to CANbus bridge mode.
    • Improved performance on “linux mcu”.
    • New support for software based i2c.
  • New hardware support for tmc2240 stepper motor drivers, lis2dw12 accelerometers, and aht10 temperature sensors.
  • New axis_twist_compensation and temperature_combined modules added.
  • New support for gcode arcs in XY, XZ, and YZ planes.
  • Several bug fixes and code cleanups.

-Kevin

15 Likes

15 posts were split to a new topic: Possible future release numbering