Wifi issues when screen is connected

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Flsun SR
MCU / Printerboard: MKS Robin Nano V3.0 / Raspberry Pi 4b 1GB
klippylog.zip (319.4 KB)

Hello,
I installed Klipper on my Flsun SR and as it worked well, I decided to add a screen. I bought the BTT PI TFT43.
Since the screen is connected, I’m having problems with the WIFI because I’m having trouble connecting. I’ve moved the router near the printer and I can see the wifi signal with all the bars (-56db) but I can’t connect. When I disconnect the screen, everything returns to normal.
It also works very well with an RJ45 cable.
I’ve tried several power supplies for the Pi but nothing changes.

Regards

Hello, any idea?

Hello Mr. Garlond!

Have you checked for EMI?

E.g. cables of the screen too close to the WiFi module…

Nothing to do with FF7 :smile:
Thank you for your tip. I will try something

I thought more of FFXIV.
I like your humour :+1:

Can you post a picture of the backside of the display along with the rPi?

I suspect the ribbon cable is blocking/interfering with the rPi’s WiFi antenna.

Did you use the included standoffs for mounting the rPi to the BT TFT43?

The rap is attached to the back of the screen. I remove it and the wifi signal is indeed better, but I still can’t connect (I have to turn the printer on/off until I connect).

Note that in both cases I see my wifi in the network menu.

Did you have the Raspberry Pi inside the printer before adding the PITFT43?

If so, it could be the case of the printer that is the problem.

BTW: What kind of PSU have you connected to the Pi?

Try updating the Pi’s EEPROM (sudo rpi-update && sudo rpi-eeprom-update -d -a) then reboot

Everything is out of the printer. Just remove the ribbon cable and you’re connected each time switch one the printer. With the ribbon, only 20%…
Once connected, I have no more problems, I can print several times without being disconnected…
What I don’t understand is that I can see my wifi in the network menu. But I can’t connect. If I try to do it manually, nothing happens and the wifi disappears from the list but my other weak wifi are still there…
I’ve tried the following
Phone power supply 5V 2A
Lapop 65W 5V 3A
Honywell 5V 4.25A

I can run a webcam logitech C920 with the wifi on with them

I have tried but I get this messasge

And when I try to update the time. I have a message telling me that the time is automatic

Did you find any solution? I’m facing the same problem now

I am sorry but not… i just leave the screen disconnected and it is fine

Exactly this happening to me since adding a screen. I can see the pi connecting to my router for a few seconds then disappears, then again and again etc. It is constantly trying to connect but fails. With this happening only after the screen is connected it must be down to interference. I’ll try changing my wifi channel and see if I can break through the noise.

Hi
100% same issue. Even with a repeater wifi close the printer i was the issue
I connected then an ethernet cable but the printer stops during a print 2 times…
Now the screen is disconnected and i use the phone

Edit: it seems booting faster without the screen also… so more it is a bug in the soft

I’m seeing this same exact behavior. Anyone happen to find a solution?

Hello @novabiele !

Maybe the question should be:

What can I do to help to find a solution?

Unlikely that you will find a solution here, as it is no Klipper problem but a RPi 4 hardware isuue.

Especially the RPi 4 is very well known to be badly designed WRT RF emissions, e.g. the USB 3 ports are so heavily emitting electrical noise that you cannot run a Zigbee network nearby.

Refs:

If you are very experienced in soldering, you could try to do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTwWnZG8wUY

In my eyes you just need a good solder iron and a lot of soldering experience!