Z lifts on decreasing y motion when printing brim

Basic Information:

Printer Model: CR110 v3
MCU / Printerboard: Creality 115200 Baud
klippy.log
klippy.log (2.2 MB)

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file. Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our Knowledge Base and in particular this and this post

Describe your issue:

Hi everyone, I have this issue while printing sequential parts. Prusa slicer first prints all the brims, and for reason unknown the z appear to lift when the Y is moving toward zero. in the photo you can see all the brims and the part where y had a decreasing motion is messed up for all of them. This appears to not be an issue while printing the actual part, just the brim.

Would really appreciate any thoughts. This was not an issue earlier today, only changes I made is replace the nozzle and change the MCU baud because I was getting timeouts with 250000.

video: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Gantry_3_10h2m_0.20mm_245C_ABS_CR10V3.gcode (1003.1 KB)

This is a slicer issue. Check you gcode file in a gcode viewer and you will see.
Not related to the mentioned Klipper topics

Thank you! I adjusted my z offset higher and it reduced this artifact. Might be that the nozzle tip is shaped in a way that affect that direction of travel first.

Hope it’s OK to as another question, is there a way to do a print tune (speed, flow, z offset) without the MCU controls? like through a gcode?

I’d recommend to go through Welcome! | Ellis’ Print Tuning Guide
Lots of great information there.

2 Likes