Z_offset ignored

I run probe_calibrate, Bed Mesh saved as default, z_tilt, bed_screws_adjust, in all kinds of order.
Probe_calibrate first, last, in the middle no change. I see the Z_offset is set in bottom of printer_cfg.
But when I go to print the nozzle is to high, if I adjust Z_offest in dashboard then the print will stick to bed
and print just fine.

I use a PRINT_START macro so no GCODE involved. What am I doing wrong?

Ubuntu Pastebin PRINTER.CFG

Ubuntu Pastebin MACROS.CFG

/p/9txqs6CM49/ LED.CFG

I want to add Klippy.log and moonraker.log but syas limited to posting 2 links

What type of printer do you have?
Please post your klippy.log file

Heavily Modded Tronxy X5SA-Pro, 330x330x400 Dual z steppers, SKR-3 (non EZ),
Klippy log Ubuntu Pastebin
Moonraker log Ubuntu Pastebin

How much do you have to correct the Z-Offset manually in the dashboard?

0.3 mm at most though today I am using 0.255 since wife is not home running air conditioner.

So this means the Z-Offset is not really ignored but does not match.
According to my experience:

• The Z-Offset always needs fine-tuning
  • Especially large printers have significant effects through thermal expansions
    • I need a completely different Z-Offset when printing, e.g. PLA at room temperature compared to ASA at 100°C bed temperature and enclosed
  • Aside from temperature effects, the material in general plays a significant role as well, e.g. PLA with high “squish” compared to PETG with a lot less (unless you like using a jack-hammer for removing the print)

Conclusion: There is no generally valid Z-Offset. You can use slicer, start-gcode or cfg modifications to tune it. Up to your liking.

I thought I was doing something wrong or I was missing a step, from reading the Klipper config guide.
I adjusted the offset manually and have been printing different things all day.

I tried searching for answers and saw so many people with the same issue and confusion. Is there a way to get the fine tuning add to the directions?

Oh well, where do you want to start and where to end?
Klipper is a printer firmware, basically the BIOS of your printer. When the BIOS works, then there is so much more to know, have experience, “been there, done that”, etc until you have your perfect print.

General printing tips, guides, discussion places are available in abundance. The firmware documentation should not try to mimic this, IMO

With some experience you will develop a feeling how a proper first layer looks like and which factors influences it.
Personally I go by look and feel:

• Print only a first layer
  • Is the layer evenly closed and sticking? No? → Z-Offset too far, Bed temperature
  • Is the layer only partially good? → Bed leveling
  • Does the layer feel rough and jagged? → Z-Offset too close, Extrusion factor too high

I “fixed” this by creating a partial bed mesh before each print. Works great.

hello !
What did you mean by partial ?

Many thanks !

Klipper bed mesh on print area only macro install guide · GitHub

Your problem sounds like the one I had. My problem was the incorrect handling of the bed mesh, not the z-offset. The result was the same. I had to alter the z-offset manually untill I tried the solution in the github. Next to that make sure the X and Y-offset are also correct-ish. Hope this helps. It could be another problem of course.