Anycubic Kobra Max config file

Hello,
Just like Hereticx5, I scrupulously followed what Digedi did but Sonic Pad refuse to connect to Kobra Plus!
An idea ??
Thank you
Pat

For your info, I managed to connect my Ender 3 S1 Pro without problems

Hi, I’m trying to flash Klipper to Koba Max and I moved R65>R66 I grabbed the .bin from Release per-merge-testing · SteveGotthardt/klipper · GitHub and when I go to flash the bin it isn’t working.

If there a special way to name this or a folder style I need to follow?

Please help!

Nevermind, it needs to be firmware.bin

Hi

thanks a lot …got it up and running…my mystake was loading the config before connecting the printer … :crazy_face:

Hello can we install klipper without changing wires or soldering on an anycubic kobra plus ?

french
Bonjour peut-on installer klipper sans changer de fil ni de soudure sur une anycubic kobra plus ?

Hello, what klipper firmware file do you use? I tried some from topicstarter, but it isnt working on my plus

I still got the following message when I try to install printer.cfg:
“Error message
Printer is not ready (printer is ON and connected!)
The klippy host software is attempting to connect.
Please retry un a few moments.”
So, I retried more than 10 times and still same message!
For info, I followed all steps including jumper moving from R65 to R66.

1 Like

i had the same issue …make sure that your printer with the installed klipper firmware is running and you are pluged into your sonic pad at the chosen usb connector you may try the diffrent usb sockets to find the right one …then you should be able to inject your chosen printer config via usb stick to your printer and the pad schould communicate properly…took me a few runs to get the right usb in my case it was the top one on the left side of the pad…hope that wasn t too cryptic and may solve your issue

I think the klipper file I uploaded to my printer is not right one.
I used a klipper file for the Kobra Go using the same controller (HC32F460) and modified to meet
Kobra Plus specs.
do you have a dedicated klipper file for the Kobra Plus that works?
thanks in advance.

i have used the on that Crenwick used for his cobra max.
you will find the git hub link further up.

I think you can use viper max or plus files they schould have the same hardware …extruder, hotend, drivers…evrything else is done in the config

I tried firmwares from his link, sound like firmware was flashed, screen is off, but device id is not like klipper device
Screenshot_16

That is the .bin i am using had to zip it so i can upload it here…put the unzipped file on an sd card rename it in firmware.bin so that the cobra pus can digest it and load it on your printer…hope this helps

klipper.zip (16.4 KB)

Hi Hereticx5,
With your file, now everything works perfectly!
All that’s left is to do some test prints.
Thanks

So it was normal id, two days i tried to solve the problem that wasn`t a problem.

Ouch…
First test print, first issue!
“18:11:59 File selected
18:16:10 // {“code”:“key111”, “msg”: “Extrude below minimum temp
// See the ‘min_extrude_temp’ config option for details”, “values”: }”

An idea?

Problem solved.
Hereticx5, could you share your “printer.cfg” to see where I went wrong because now my circles are are no longer round but rather oval!

Ypu have to define start and end codes in your slicer as well es a start and end macro in your config …its a bit fiddeling around but the clipper documentation is excelent…
in my case there was also an offset to be added to prevent the bed or the head bashing into the endstops…estep conversion etc

All,
So I did desolder the resister from the board, and for what ever reason it flung away. Looking up the details, a smd 000 is really a jumper. so I jumped 66. All works but the x axis. I get the message can’t read uart. Did I break my board?

The most mistakes i did was only my fault. I should have been more careful

PatLen ,I solved geometry trouble when change rotation y distance from 40 to 32.

GerraldPeters Check printer.cfg stepper x , i have something similar when get some staff in it.

hello can pass me your printer.cfg for the kobra plus please