Formbot T-Rex 3

That calls the park routine of the active extruder

You may have to rename your macros. See my macros in post #28

Hello EddyMI3D

I already have these lines there in the macro.
The problem would be that he calls the routine in [gcode_macro T0] before having done the “G28”, and as the Gcode starts with “T1”

Thanks a lot EddyMI3D, your conversion have helped me to do a RAPTOR 2 conversion as well, the original extruder driver (TMC2208) go offline under marlinfw pressure advance, in Klipper works really well!. Overall the quality of printed parts are excelent now!

1 Like

Hello EddyMI3D,
I come back to you because I have a problem with my filament cooling fans on the T-Rex. When printing, when I change extruder (T1) the cooling is not the head and I end up without cooling.
When T0 goes to the garage, M106 should go down to 0 and T1 should take the programmed value. Likewise, when T1 goes to the garage, M106 should go down to 0 and T0 should take the programmed value.
Can you help me please, because I don’t know anything about macro at all.
The “printer.cfg” is the one you shared.

Solution found under this link

1 Like

Sorry, I was a bit late.
Honestly I struggled myself with that issue.

So thank you very much for that link :+1:

Glad to have been able to help. It remains for me to find how to solve the problem of lag between the 2 heads. Your proposal with the line “SET_GCODE_OFFSET X_ADJUST=0 Y_ADJUST=0 Z_ADJUST=0” just stacks the offset. In testing, with a Z=0.2, I end up with a thickness of 6mm for a part 5mm thick

1 Like

When you swap the other head, you have to change the z_offset back again.

E.g.:

T0
Z_ADJUST=0.2

T1
Z_ADJUST=-0.2

I will test this as soon as possible

Hello EddyMI3D
I return to the lines:
T0
Z_ADJUST=0.2

T1
Z_ADJUST=-0.2

My concern is that from the start it corrects the T0 and if this is negative I am too low with the extruder when it starts working.
Any idea to overcome this problem?

1 Like

Hi!
Was just wondering if someone know if this method would work on a t-rex 2+ with vivedino v 1.0 motherboard? I have searched but not found much.
//Markus

Hello,
Personally, I ended up with this solution which for the moment suits me. I replaced the “Z_ADJUST” with the “SET_GCODE_OFFSET”

[gcode_macro T0]
gcode:
PARK_{printer.toolhead.extruder}
ACTIVATE_EXTRUDER EXTRUDER=extruder
SET_DUAL_CARRIAGE CARRIAGE=0
SET_GCODE_OFFSET X=0 Y=0 Z=0
SET_GCODE_VARIABLE MACRO=FAN_VARIABLE VARIABLE=active_fan VALUE=0
CARRIAGE_PRINT_FAN

[gcode_macro T1]
gcode:
PARK_{printer.toolhead.extruder}
ACTIVATE_EXTRUDER EXTRUDER=extruder1
SET_DUAL_CARRIAGE CARRIAGE=1
SET_GCODE_OFFSET X=0 Y=-0.10 Z=0.17
SET_GCODE_VARIABLE MACRO=FAN_VARIABLE VARIABLE=active_fan VALUE=1
CARRIAGE_PRINT_FAN

1 Like

Hello @mtbmarkus !

Me too. I had to investigate all ports by myself from the Vivedino V1.1 board.

1 Like

Contact Ada Fang on Messenger and explain your expectations. She works at Vivedino.

1 Like

thanks, i did that and i hope i will get an answer soon :slight_smile:

Here is the diagram for the T-Rex 2
T-Rex-2-Pinout-of-Mother-Board.pdf (629.0 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:
I began with the printer firmware yesterday but was unsure of the settings for it and how to flash it. I know it is 8bit and atmega2560, but there is where my knowledge ends. Have only done klipper on newer machines so no flashing firmware…

Hi!
I got the 1.0 motherboard flashed but i am wondering if the 3.0 printer.cfg will work? I assumed that the pin-out on vivedion 1.0 and 1.1 would be the same? I dont have the vivedino 1.1 to compare with just the 1.0 as it was posted here. It seem to work as much as only giving me error messages that everybody else here got.

On the first glance it seems only the power connector is different:

Thank you for all the help!
I got it to work but when i am homing the extruder want to go through the heatbed…