Monoprice Maker Select + and Klipper Research!

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Monoprice Maker Select +
MCU / Printerboard: No Clue as of now/No clue
klippy.log No Klippy.log this time

This is preliminary stuff...
  1. Has anyone resorted to using a Monoprice w/ Klipper?
  2. This company just sold me a really inexpensive printer for cheap…
  3. I am trying to see if anyone else has used a Monoprice Maker Select + for Klipper w/ success…

I think this thing has two Z_axes, a Y, and X axes. I know it has two Z_axes so far.

I have been reluctant to pull it apart just yet (w/ waiting and research comes the spoil).

Seth

P.S. Anyway, if this is not the place for research, okay. I can just keep looking online for Klipper details for Monoprice printers. I am goin’ to search in the /config/ section to see what I can find.

printer-monoprice-mini-delta-2017.cfg stm32: Simplify USB/Serial/CANbus Kconfig selection

printer-monoprice-select-mini-v1-2016.cfg config: Config for Monoprice Select Mini v1 (#5243)

printer-monoprice-select-mini-v2-2018.cfg config: Fix incorrect pin in printer-monoprice-select-mini-v2-2018.cfg

Update

I found the above configs. in Klipper/config/.

They are a bit dated. If anyone has successfully used this specific printer, can you post a almost correct or correct .cfg?

This is would wonderful! If not, okay. I will keep searching and learning. Thank you for any time given on this issue…

Are you talking about this https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=21871 printer?
If yes, this Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus 3D Printers might be interesting.
This klipper/printer-wanhao-duplicator-i3-plus-2017.cfg at master · Klipper3d/klipper · GitHub might be your starting point.

Good luck, hcet14

1 Like

Thank you…

@hcet14 ,

I appreciate you dropping in to let me know ideas circulating. The board in the box says Wanhao. I was going to alter it to suit my needs w/ Klipper.

Seth

P.S. I just wanted to make sure the two Z_Axes were no issue for a klipper config. outside of any already configured items that were available. Thank you…

1 Like

Yes @hcet14 ,

I am discussing that printer.

Seth

P.S. I will look over the duplicator i3 plus config file. Thank you.

Please contact me hcet@gmx.net

Hello Again,

So, while looking throughout the docs. and the config sections of the docs, I have noticed no double Z-axis configs available for Wanhao in the duplicator types, i.e. @hcet14 .

Also, the printer as is seems okay but I have no control over any of the firmware…

Anyway, if someone has some or any ideas on building Klipper configs w/ double Z_axes, please reply.

I should could use some boosting ideas.

Seth

P.S. So something like this idea:

[stepper_z]

[stepper_z1]

Hi Seth,

As you can see the org. mainboard has just one Z-driver. Z, Y, X, and E.
You would need 5 drivers to accomplish your plan.

The board uses A4988 drivers. You could buy something like this A4988 - RepRap and use the 10-wire unheaded IDC connector labeled EXT.

hcet14

Hello,

I am going to use the Recore for the updated board w/ a USB/HDMI LCD display. I think in Klipper w/ the Recore, one could (and I am guessing here) use:

[stepper_z]

[stepper_z1]

Seth

I would recommend a board with drivers on a socket.
I one fails, you can just swap it.

Hello,

I think this Wanhao board is a bit overkill for the motors on this platform/printer.

3.5A is not necessary to drive the motors individually. Oh and I get where you are coming from here. Replacement of drivers is a necessity at times.

Seth

P.S. I will think about it…I appreciate any and all conversations on this topic, i.e. as I need a fix at times to get things working.

What is “Recore w/ a USB/HDMI LCD display”?

Hello @hcet14 ,

The Recore is a Linux based controller for CNC…

It has room for HDMI and USB to power the LCD.

Seth

Yeah, I get it.

So probably Recore A6 - iagent
I get back to you on gmx. This isn’t Klipper connected right now.

1 Like

@hcet14 ,

Okay…no issue. I see how dealing w/ more issues that do not necessarily pertain to Klipper are not needed in the discourse.

Seth

P.S. I will contact you again in case you missed the email.