Motherboard fan: can I switch it off?

Basic Information:

Creality Ender S1 Pro
MCU / Printerboard: CR-FDM-v2.4S1_v30

Describe your issue:

I’ve just connected and set up the Creality Sonic Pad for my Ender S1 Pro.
In order to have a quiter printer using Klipper, I need to know if it’s possible to unplug (or disable) the printer motherboard fan.
Regards,
Marco

Yes it is possible to unplug it. I cannot speak to whether that is a good idea or not.

1 Like

I think that, using the Creality Sonic Pad with Klipper, the motherboard on the printer is useless and it is completely by-passed by the Sonic Pad: am I right?

No.

You may have a look on this:

1 Like

Hello,

First of all, I wouldn’t do this. Your drivers, and or you board could overheat, and overheating elec is a big no-no. Question, does you motherboard have the option to change the fan output voltage? If so, just spend 15-20 bucks on a quieter one on amazon. If not, buy the quieter fan AND a buck (I think that’s what its called?) converter. Then just follow a tutorial, and viola, a quieter printer.

I actually found that by upgrading the fans on my printer it made it so you can the stepper drivers better.

Blake

Hi Blake, thanks for the advice. I’ve just changed some fans with quieter ones but as the airflow is the same I haven’t found so big improvement. For this reason, I thought to detach at least the motherboard fan as I start using the Sonic Pad with Klipper. Anyway, at the moment, to have a quieter printer, my idea is to change the power supply with Meanwell LRS 350-24 as this hasn’t the fan always on but it is temperature-driven. Regards, Marco

Be aware Creality Sonic Pad and Alternatives!