Hardware known to work with KlipperScreen

Hi,
how can i change the resolution on my klipperscreen?
i have a 7 inch 1024x600 but i believe it shows as a 800x480.

thanks in advance

G

working great with xpt2046 LCD

just install klipper screen as normal and then use the link for the drivers and youre good to go

1 Like

Got it working with the Inland 3.5 Inch TFT LCD Touch Screen Monitor from Microcenter. I followed the instructions from How to enable the Inland 3.5" TFT LCD Touchscreen Monitor with Raspberry Pi — Micro Center to install LCD35-show from goodtft, but I had to modify /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-fbturbo.conf to change Driver "fbturbo" to Driver "fbdev" and modify /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config to make sure it included both allowed_users=anybody and needs_root_rights=yes.

I am using the [Raspberry PI 7" Touchscreen it boots fine but when it goes into Klipperscreen it is upside down, any fixes? TIA

BTT TFT35 SPI V2.1 working perfectly with Manta M8P V1.0 + CB1.

1 Like

Got the Freenove 7 inch Touchscreen to work with KlipperScreen.

Its a clone of the original RPi 7 inch touchscreen, but about half the cost, and connected via DSI.

I just had to change the line dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d to dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d in the config.txt.

I have the same screen and a Manta E3 EZ with a CB1 onboard, so I have connected the screen direct to the board and all I get is the login console, with X log saying no screens found, any suggestions?

Agreed on the Sunfounder. I have 2 of them working with klipper. One on a rpi the other on a thin client when rpi’s got too expensive.

My only problem is that it requires cover and as you can see, the screws add an extra mm to the body, with the limited space I have, that makes things a bit harder haha

I saw a V0 running a Waveshare 7.9 Inch 400×1280 IPS, it has mounting points at the back so need for cover and it looks elegant. I should receive it this week.
It comes in portrait mode and easy to set to landscape. There is a dedicated portrait/landscape button on its back but you might need to set this via KlipperScreen.
OP has reported no issues and it is working well and more important than anything, it is HDMI instead of that pain DSI.

So Waveshare 7.9 Inch 400×1280 IPS should be added as compatible display.
I will report back once I have it installed on my Trident.

I have the Pi TFT70 setup and running on my Ender 5 Plus. I used KIAUH.

Shouldn’t be considered a compatible display.
It works only with Raspberry Pi and only after the system is already installed.
You are required to run some wild scripts and HDMI timing to allow the system to see the display.
So unless you are running Pi and have a secondary display to install the OS, this display won’t work.
Plugging it won’t display anything.

@George

Did you do something special settings for the screen? I’m using the same screen on my manta m5p but the touch on the back button and emergency stopp don’t work (the line on the left) i commented out the settings from the manual. everything else works.
Any suggestions? :slight_smile:

I didn’t do anything special. Just follow the doc from BTT git. But I read about something similar on FB BTT Group and the support recommend to try recalibrate the touch. I don’t remember the exact procedure but was something from console.

ps. try to print and use a stylus. It’s almost imposible to use your finger in some cases on such a small display.

Has anyone gotten the 7" sunfounder touchscreen to work? My setup is E3EZ+CB1 custom corexy. Thanks!

Looks like a vanila HDMI 7"

You didn’t attach your config.txt

This could work for you :

# uncomment if you get no picture on HDMI for a default "safe" mode
#hdmi_safe=1

# uncomment the following to adjust overscan. Use positive numbers if console
# goes off screen, and negative if there is too much border
#overscan_left=16
#overscan_right=16
#overscan_top=16
#overscan_bottom=16

# uncomment to force a console size. By default it will be display's size minus
# overscan.
framebuffer_width=1024
framebuffer_height=600
hdmi_cvt 1024 600 60 3 

# uncomment if hdmi display is not detected and composite is being output
#hdmi_force_hotplug=1

# uncomment to force a specific HDMI mode (this will force VGA)
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87

# uncomment to force a HDMI mode rather than DVI. This can make audio work in
# DMT (computer monitor) modes
#hdmi_drive=2

# uncomment to increase signal to HDMI, if you have interference, blanking, or
# no display
#config_hdmi_boost=4

# uncomment for composite PAL
#sdtv_mode=2

Most important being :

framebuffer_width
framebuffer_height
hdmi_cvt
hdmi_group
hdmi_mode

I’ve copied what you posted into my boot/config.txt file, saved and power cycled. Nada.

Did you add dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host to config.txt ?
The CB1 user’s manual says that the USB hub is disabled by default, and has to be activated ; and does it provide the required current (the display draws 480 mA, wich is the upper limit for a USB 2.0 port ; lower end hubs share this current among all ports.

4.4.1 USB 2.0 Hub Ports
M4P is designed with a USB 2.0 Hub, in order to save power consumption, the USB
port of CM4 is disabled by default. If you want to enable it, you need to add the
following content to the config.txt file:
dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host

[EDIT]
we can also read (4.4.2) :

If you want to use the HDMI interface, you need to delete the downloaded /boot/dt-blob.bin driver and restart, then the HDMI can output normally

Yeah those didn’t work. But with enough determination, and scouring the net related to 7" screen setups with touch, here are the configs that I got to work with my Sunfounder 7" touchscreen with touch working (klipperscreen). This should be in your boot/config.txt file.

framebuffer_width=1024
framebuffer_height=600
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt=1024 600 60 3 0 0 0
hdmi_drive=2
disply_hdmi_rotate=0

If you have anything in your conf files in the /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d folder that deals with setting up matrix’s, remove the matrix entries. Hope this helps anyone else with a Sunfounder screen!

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y889J3X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Setup:
BTT Manta E3EZ + CB1

I believe it hasn’t been mentioned yet, but I’ve got the BTT HDMI7 v1.1 which I’ve got connected to a BTT Manta M5P/BTT CB1 combo and that’s working flawlessly. I have it mounted vertically to the side of my printer, needed a config change to get that done.

I searched the topic and elsewhere, and I do read about issues elsewhere (reddit, mainly) with this screen and Klipper (PS. The descripion in the link shown is incorrect, its not the PITFT50, I don’t know whats up with that):

I think its this one from the BTT site:

Can anyone tell me whether that one would work fine or should it be avoided?

Thanks!